My Story


My life had no single “defining moment.” Rather, I faced times when I needed to take a stand for myself or be lost forever. I was living my life by someone else’s design, not by my own.

Internal anger and lack of confidence ruled my world. I was a runner. Mine was a deep anger that was turned in on myself. My stomach was always in knots, and I swallowed my voice, sulking and shutting down. Or, I could go off in an instant.

My parents taught me: “You only give 99% of yourself to anyone and the other 1% you keep, because you will go mad if you give yourself away by loving too deeply. Never let anyone know what you are thinking. Never let anyone know your business because they could use it against you.” That was how I was raised; that is what I knew then. How would I survive? I was so emotionally disconnected!
Who would I talk to? Who would hear my secrets?

I kept my secrets to myself. I found a way to go on, which was to work and work. I had to be good at whatever I did. It took a long time to learn how to ask for what I wanted. I had to learn to speak up for myself in a way that made people listen to me.
I thought I was confident until I had to say that I did not want to be married anymore. It took a long time to do that and a long time to discover what freedom was for me. I had never lived by myself. My confidence and self-esteem were in the crapper. I kept that hidden except when I had to make choices. I had none. I lived in the space of not being worth it. Negative internal conversations ran my life- I wasn’t good enough, smart enough, pretty enough, worthy enough.

Today, it is such a pleasure to know that these are just conversations. They will never go away, but now I know they are not real. It takes commitment to live my life. I feel connected to others, and because of that, today I express myself freely. I own my voice, speak my truth, and live life my way, running a successful business.

Photo of Young Noreen Sumpter
Photo of Young Noreen Sumpter
Photo of Young Noreen Sumpter

Noreen Sumpter is a ball of energy. She is passionate about her work. She sees people as amazing with amazing lives and as people who want to play big life games. Noreen only speaks to people from their awesomeness, which allows them to take risks and to move beyond limiting beliefs they might harbor about themselves. Her personality is warm, funny, engaging and honest.

You can count on Noreen to always have you discover your truth, own your voice and live life by your design. Want direction? She’ll help you find it. Want inspiration? She can help you create it. Want to gain emotional healing and let go of the past? No problem. She stands with you in that truth, and you move forward inspired and empowered in your life. Noreen is laughter, discovery and adventure wrapped up in a big ball of energetic fun!


“Noreen all but changed my life in an hour.”

— Greg, Virgina

“Noreen was instrumental in coaching me through my real estate endeavors while in NYC.”

— Dale, Atlanta

For ten weeks, I explored concepts and ideas and took the time to reflect on various parts of my life. What I gained from the experience is almost like a whole new life or a rebirth. I know it sounds stupid that a 44 person can be reborn but I feel like I am new, powerful, and so ready to live the life that I want to live. I have never experienced such joy and peace as I have in the past month from recognizing not only what is beautiful and wonderful in my life but from knowing that I have the power to create and write the rest of my life story the way I want it to be.

— Jennifer, New Jersey

"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."
— Mark Twain